VIVA backs global telecom conference
Manama, June 2, 2013
VIVA Bahrain, the newest player in the Bahrain telecom sector, has signed up as the platinum sponsor for the annual 'Telecoms World Middle East 2013 (TWME)' to be held in Dubai this September under the theme of Opportunity, Innovation and Strategy.
The three-day event will bring together more than 600 delegates including 200 leading operators from the region to discuss the main topics in the telecommunications sphere including LTE technology, networks, enterprise and investment.
Additionally, operators and leading industry suppliers will get the opportunity to explore, discuss and redesign the telecoms agenda of the future, while solidifying the framework of how operators can remain at the epicentre of human connectivity.
"We are pleased with the high-level association VIVA has with Telecoms World Middle East this year," said VIVA chief commercial officer Andrew Hanna.
"The event will provide a suitable platform for us to interact and share experiences with industry peers and regional counterparts.
"The telecom industry in Bahrain has grown 10 per cent year-on-year since 2010, positioning the country as a significant force among the region's key telecommunications' players. Through this sponsorship we aim to further enhance Bahrain's leading positioning in the regional telecoms arena", he added.
"We are delighted to welcome VIVA Bahrain as a platinum sponsor of this year's event," said event organiser Terrapinn general manager Matthew Wallhead.
"Their commitment to innovation, market growth and customer experience are perfectly aligned with the theme of this year's show."
Key highlights of the event also include the Telecoms World Awards where the industry's leading organisations will be recognised for their outstanding achievements which have positively contributed to the development of the telecoms industry in the Middle East.
The awards aim to showcase organisations which have demonstrated unparalleled ability to succeed and have continuously set standards of excellence.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion