EMC hosts public sector IT workshop
Riyadh, June 4, 2013
EMC Corporation, a global leader in enabling businesses deliver IT as a service, is hosting a major workshop in Riyadh aimed at sharing best practices and transformational ideas unique to IT in the public sector.
The first Arabic Public Sector Mega Workshop is being held at the InterContinental Hotel today.
The one day event is slated to bring together an audience of over 100 IT professionals including IT managers, infrastructure managers and data center engineers working across key government entities in Saudi Arabia.
In recent years, the government of Saudi Arabia has invested in a number of e-government and public key infrastructure (PKI) projects to enhance citizen services and drive socioeconomic development.
Set against the backdrop of increasing IT investments in the country, which is driven primarily by the public sector, the Mega Workshop is designed to increase the public sector’s knowledge and awareness of IT solutions and best-practices available to their organizations today to enhance their customer experience.
The workshop will feature two independent tracks; the first will be focused on business continuity and the second on cloud computing and virtualization to help IT professionals in the public sector effectively leverage leading EMC technologies to achieve their IT transformation goals and enhance online service delivery for citizens and expats.
According to experts, virtualization technologies, particularly desktop virtualization and cloud computing, continue to climb up the investment agendas for public sector due to their benefits which enable resource and information sharing to drive performance and efficiencies while lowering operational costs.
This in turn is driving the need for enterprises to invest in robust business continuity and disaster recovery technologies to safeguard critical national information to ensure an undisrupted service delivery as well as continuous availability to critical applications such as e-payment gateways or other online services. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution