Etisalat rolls out remote networking solution
Abu Dhabi, June 9, 2013
UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat has launched its ‘managed global WAN service,’ an ideal end-to-end networking solution to connect internationally-located offices.
The Managed Global WAN service is an end-to-end ICT solution throughout the lifecycle subscription to the service, where Etisalat will supply the CPE, install, conduct proactive monitoring & remote management and extend onsite support visits to customer premises for immediate resolutions in the event of hardware failures, thus maintaining the high level of reliability, performance and availability of our customer’s networking infrastructure.
This comes as part of Etisalat's aim to fully meet the growing needs of UAE base customers who are operating globally and looking for the management and security of their networking infrastructure located outside UAE, said a senior official.
With Etisalat’s global presence and partnerships covering majority of countries in each continent, Etisalat will be able to provide a one-stop-shop and eradicate various points of contact for Managed Global WAN service requirements.
A hitech customer network and security operations center (CNOC/SOC) located at Etisalat’s premises, a collaborative IT infrastructure and superior knowledge capital manned by certified IT professionals will render remote round-the-clock monitoring and configuration management..
Reinforcing its unparalleled leadership in the Managed WAN Service domain, Etisalat will support the ground-breaking service by delivering the highest performance, reliability and stability.
The service features in-band management for reachability of the CPE router for real-time health status checks faster fault isolation, IOS and patches updates, as well as comprehensive reporting requirements accessible through Etisalat’s secured web portal and the partnership with leading globally operating partners and service integrators.
Abdulla Hashim, senior vice president of ICT, said: "Driven by considerable investments in technology, infrastructure and human capital, Etisalat’s dominant industry leadership has put it at the forefront of the comprehensive managed services revolution with considerable investments in technology, infrastructure and human capital."
The new service has expanded its portfolio to include Managed WAN, Managed LAN Switch, Managed Secure Connect (a Unified Threat Management solution), Managed Web and email security, Managed Voice/PBX and Managed Remote Access. This has helped address all ICT solution requirements of our business customers.
"Our visibility over the network that we own and our ability to monitor the network performance even to site offices located outside UAE, will ensure the newly launched service offers an unsurpassed quality of service and prompt global outreach that our international customers seek," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network