Batelco launches entrepreneurs programme
Manama, June 12, 2013
Batelco has announced the launch of an entrepreneurs support progamme to encourage the young to develop and implement their information and communications technology (ICT) business ideas.
The programme has been developed in line with Batelco's ideas centre, a facility featuring the latest communications technologies, located at the company's Hamala headquarters.
The ideas centre, which opened in November last year, has launched its own website which gives an overview about the technologies on show at the centre, reported the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
Aspiring entrepreneurs may apply online for the opportunity to use Batelco's incubation services, available at the entrepreneurs zone, to set up or evolve their ICT business idea.
Additionally, Batelco plans to sign some strategic partnerships with relevant associations in order to support entrepreneurs with their future projects, the report said.
Currently, Batelco and Bahrain Development Bank are collaborating in organising a national contest to find the best innovative ICT projects.
General manager for strategy and business development Hamza Ali said Batelco continues to evolve to be more than just a leader in telecommunications, by establishing itself as a leader in the provision of not only communications solutions but ICT solutions too.
"Batelco's ideas centre, which is enhanced on an ongoing basis to add new emerging technologies, is a great venue for technical or ICT students to visit," he said.
"It is also the perfect location for budding entrepreneurs to work in, thanks to the availability of world class communication tools and on-site expertise from Batelco's skilled employees," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services