Software acquires Alfabet
Dubai, June 18, 2013
Software, a leader in business processes, integration and big data, said it has acquired Berlin-based Alfabet, a business IT management software provider.
Alfabet focuses on planning and optimising IT infrastructures and Software's market-leading product for modeling and analyzing operational processes, with alfabet’s products allows customers to tighter link the transformation of business processes with the simultaneous adaptation of their IT infrastructures.
The company's customer base includes 70 global companies such as Daimler, Volkswagen, BMW, Credit Suisse, and UBS.
Erik Masing, the CEO of Alfabet, said: "We face the challenge of marketing our solutions globally to maximize our potential. To do this, we need a global presence and a strong sales and consulting organisation. We have found an ideal partner in global player Software AG. Our technologies complement each other perfectly."
Software's CEO Karl-Heinz Streibich, added, "As enterprises become digital, the importance of optimizing IT landscapes and processes is growing. We will pool the core competencies of both companies and further expand our leading market position."
Nicky Sheridan, SVP – Middle East, Africa & Turkey, Software AG, said: “The acquisition of alfabet AG marks a very important breakthrough that opens new possibilities for us to help Middle East enterprises implement an end to end Enterprise Architecture Management Suite that meets their requirements."
"Our clients in the region are increasingly taking advantage of the opportunities presented by the four forces which are mobile, cloud, social collaboration and big data. With the integration of alfabet into Software AG’s core offerings, we are able to empower our clients to grow their business while embracing a more innovative, digital-based business model,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award