Lenovo launches smartphones in UAE, Saudi
Dubai, June 24, 2013
Lenovo has launched its latest smartphone portfolio of six new models, for the first time in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Consumers in the two countries will be the first in the region to avail the smartphones, designed with specific customer needs in mind. The portfolio offers a full range of carefully considered design innovations and functionality that fits every style, personality and pocket, said a statement.
The smartphones include K900 for tech-savvy power users; Lenovo P780 for the professional who demands long-lasting battery, USB on-the-go and business applications; the S920 and S820 for heavy multimedia users; and the affordable A706 and A390, it said.
Across the range, Lenovo’s engineers and designers have focused on keeping the phones thin and light without sacrificing performance. Most of the phones in the portfolio run on quad-core processors, while many of them offer dual-SIM with dual-active capabilities, said the statement.
Lenovo has signed on Jumbo Electronics and Axiom Telecoms as distributors and for after-sales support in the UAE, it said.
In Saudi Arabia, Al-Haddad Group will distribute the smartphones to independent retailers and will also offer the portfolio at its stores across the kingdom. Lenovo has also signed on Jarir Bookstores and Extra as direct partners in Saudi Arabia, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award