Silah launches UAE operations
Manama, June 25, 2013
Bahrain-based Silah Gulf, a contact centre and business process outsourcing (BPO) firm, has launched operations in the UAE.
A contingent of Silah staff will now be based out of the UAE and be responsible for sourcing business opportunities for the regional BPO giant, reported the Gulf Daily News.
The launch was announced on the sidelines of the annual Middle East Call Centre Awards (MECC '13) in Dubai, where Silah was awarded for "Best contact centre technology platform and Best other service providers (OSP) reporting system and processes" for the second consecutive year.
Competing against major regional players, Silah also took home two new prestigious awards for "Best unified government call centre" and "Best OSP Provider in the medium category".
"Silah has truly gone from strength to strength in these past three years," company chairman Mohamed Al Qaed said.
"We launched the region's first cloud computing solution, the first formalised training academy, first manpower outsourcing service which are all specific to and catering to the contact centre industry.
"From our beginnings in Bahrain, we've launched formal operations in Kuwait and now, the UAE," he said.
"In the near future, we are also looking at expanding our market and reach into Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We are now recognised as the region's only contact centre player able to provide strategic outsourcing consultancy for private and public entities alike.
"All of our clients have come to realise that our effective customer experience management methodologies have a direct positive impact on business growth," said Al Qaed.
Launched in September 2010, Silah is a joint venture between Bahrain's eGovernment Authority and UK-based Merchants. Now in its eighth year, the Insights Middle East Call Centre Awards is the regional benchmark for the contact centre industry. Widely acclaimed as the most comprehensive and rigorous contest in the region, the awards recognise performance in more than 30 categories. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion