Etisalat adds 3 countries to prepaid service
Abu Dhabi, July 10, 2013
Etisalat, the leading telecom operator in the UAE, has added three countries to its popular Wasel International Add-on service, which allows prepaid customers to make international calls for the same price as local calls.
The number of countries in the Etisalat Wasel service has now reached 10, which include Pakistan, India, Nepal, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, China and Nigeria.
This service is valid for calling all fixed and mobile numbers in Pakistan, India, Nepal, Iran, Bangladesh and China; while when calling Afghanistan, Egypt, Sri Lanka and Nigeria, the low price is valid only for calls made to Etisalat numbers, a statement said.
Khaled Elkhouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat, said: “We are happy to expand our Wasel International Add-on service to include more countries. Our customers in UAE can now call the subscribers of international operations in Egypt, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Nigeria; as well as all fixed and mobile numbers in six additional countries for the same low price as making a local call.
“By leveraging Etisalat's presence overseas, we are delivering an incredible value to residents of the UAE, allowing them to talk longer at more affordable rates on Etisalat's high-quality and far-reaching network." – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Emdad to implement Epicor ERP
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer