Elephant Talk in deal with Axiom
Dubai, July 11, 2013
Elephant Talk Communications, a leading international provider of proprietary mobile software defined network architecture (Software DNA) platforms for the telecommunications industry, has entered into a long-term agreement with Axiom Telecom to host mobile managed services in the Middle East.
The Elephant Talk platforms empower mobile (virtual) network operators (MNOs and MVNOs). The company is also a market leader in providing solutions to counter electronic fraud in the cloud.
The deal will enable Axiom Telecom to deploy new mobile offerings throughout the Middle East.
Axiom Telecom, established in 1997 by Faisal Al Bannai, is a leading authorised retailer and distributor of leading international brands in the Middle East. Axiom Telecom has this month been selected for an MVNO licence in Saudi Arabia.
"The Middle East markets now are open for new entrants like Axiom to offer mobile services. Time to market and a full set of innovative services are key to capture sizable market shares in this region. I'm very happy that Axiom has recognised the possibilities of Elephant Talk's Software DNA platform. Local presence is crucial when it comes to successfully making use of the changing market and our common goal to build a long lasting partnership will create important revenue streams for both companies," Steven van der Velden, CEO of Elephant Talk Communications, said.
"Our companies have the same drive to push the boundaries of technologies and offer innovative products to the market. High-speed mobile internet access, content based propositions, and pan-national offerings are important differentiators, but will only work when they are off-the-shelf available", Martin Zuurbier, CTO of Elephant Talk, stated.
"The partnership with Elephant Talk is one of the key enablers of our MVNO strategy throughout the Middle East region," said Al Bannai, CEO and founder of Axiom Telecom. "The fact that we have been selected by the telecom regulatory authority for the MVNO license in Saudi Arabia is very important for getting our strategy materialized. The common understanding of what is needed to be successful in Saudi Arabia and the region, the flexibility and capabilities of Elephant Talk's mobile Software DNA (TM)platform, and Elephant Talk's willingness to jointly create innovative offerings, are important reasons to enter into this partnership. Axiom Telecom is committed to growth through innovation; we are convinced Elephant Talk is the right partner to support this commitment." - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network