Batelco hosts first business continuity forum
Manama, July 14, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain's leading telecommunications company, conducted a forum to improve understanding and implementation of best practices in the industry.
The inaugural "Business Continuity, Information Security and Risk Management Forum" was held at the company’s headquarters in Hamala.
The forum was attended by a number of Batelco’s senior management including CEO Rashid Abdulla, and experts from external companies – Protiviti, BBK and Bureau Veritas, said a statement.
Key among the goals of the forum were to improve understanding and implementation of best practices to relevant stakeholders; to improve integration and communication among assurance functions and other business units; to communicate global concern in business continuity, information security, and risk management topics; and to provide the opportunity for benchmarking Batelco practices and experiences shared by speakers, it said.
“Batelco considers business continuity, information security and risk management critical elements to ensure the delivery of telecom service in the event of disasters. Being updated and implementing up-to-date best practices and standards are crucial to Batelco,” said Abdulla.
Presentations were given by Protiviti, associate director for Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Function, Sarit Bose; Protiviti regional head of BCM Services Muhammad Ghazali; BBK head of Business Continuity Management and Governance Wasim J Malik and Bureau Veritas Management Systems practitioner Govindarajan Srinivasan, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services