Motorola launches new linear imager
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Motorola Solutions, a leading provider of communication solutions and services, has launched its LI2208 general purpose corded linear imager for capturing 1D (one dimensional) bar code.
The imager will allow workers to scan faster, to improve productivity and reduce customer wait times, said a statement.
Bob Sanders, senior VP of Data Capture Solutions, Motorola, said: “The LI2208 delivers the same reliability and ergonomics as the LS2208 and provides our channel with another innovative data capture option that enables customers to select the right technology – whether it is linear imaging, 2D imaging or laser scanning – for their solution.”
Channel partners can sell the imager to customers that want to increase productivity at the retail Point of Sale (POS), for event registrations, and on the production line in light industrial manufacturing plants, said the statement.
The model can capture printed 1D bar codes on paper labels and electronic bar codes displayed on mobile device screens that allow retailers to easily process loyalty cards and mobile coupons. It can also capture high-density bar codes commonly used in specialty retail and electronic component manufacturing, it said.
It is supported with a portfolio of services including Service from the Start Bronze, which provides coverage for normal wear and tear and a three-day repair turnaround time, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying