Bahrain scraps 4G auction plans
Manama, July 22, 2013
Bahrain has scrapped plans to auction off fourth generation (4G) mobile frequencies and will simply grant licences to the three existing mobile operators, a report said.
The decision was taken during the weekly Cabinet meeting, according to the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
A planned auction of 4G licences was put on hold earlier this year after Menatelecom won a court order freezing the process. The telecom firm had gone to court to contest its alleged exclusion from the bidding process. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo