Samena Council, ITU to host ICT event
Kuwait, July 24, 2013
Samena Telecommunications Council and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have partnered to enhance co-operation within the information and technology community (ICT) of South Asia, Middle East and North Africa (Samena) regions, through a high-level event.
Samena and ITU will promote ITU Telecom World 2013 among all its stakeholders at a knowledge-sharing and networking event to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from November 19 to 22.
Leading industry stakeholders from the public and private sectors, including heads of state and government, ministers, heads of UN agencies, heads of regulatory authorities, CEOs from the ICT sector, leaders, consultants, academics and digital innovators, are expected to attend.
“The ITU’s interest in using our platform to effectively support its events in the region is a positive one and augurs well for our member base who stand to benefit,” said Bocar A Ba, CEO of Samena.
“We look forward to seeing strong representation and participation from the regional ICT community at the ITU Telecom World 2013 in Thailand. This event will provide ICT players in the Samena region with the opportunity to exchange ideas, collaborate on industry issues and identify solutions with far-reaching benefits,” he added.
Samena collaborates with leading non-profit international organisations, including the International Telecommunication Union and the European Telecom Network Operators’ Association. Its current network consists of 25 countries from South Asia, Middle East and North Africa. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services