Wataniya posts 20pc rise in Q2 net profit
Kuwait, July 25, 2013
Wataniya, Kuwait's second biggest telecom operator, reported a 20 per cent rise in second-quarter profit on Thursday, beating analysts' estimates.
Wataniya made a net profit of 22.91 million dinars ($80.4 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 19.08 million dinars in the same period a year ago, a statement to the stock exchange showed.
Two analysts polled by Reuters had on average forecast Wataniya would make a quarterly profit of 20.78 million dinars. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates