Tripp Lite launches latest UPS system in GCC
Dubai, July 31, 2013
US-based Tripp Lite, a leading manufacturer of power protection equipment, has launched its latest uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems to respond to concerns affecting data centres across the GCC.
Managing the massive influx of data has become one of the major challenges facing data storage companies today, said an official.
Data centre customers require 100 per cent availability and while most facilities do aim to provide efficient and reliable service, there is also a growing clamour in the industry to reduce cost and carbon footprint, said Vipin Sharma, vice president for Mea region.
“Big data offer considerable opportunities for the corporate sector, but it also poses a challenge to data centres to manage capacity, ensure 24/7 availability, provide maximum data security and promote environmental consciousness while at the same time reducing power costs,” he said.
The systems feature remote management capability, network management system (NMS), the PowerAlert software enables data centre managers to integrate all power sources into a single console. The systems’ smart technology also features an IP-based solution, helping managers to monitor the process via the Internet, saving time and effort.
Automatic notifications are also deployed in case of exceptional conditions such as overloading, technical faults, high temperature and fire, which are critical to cost-effective means to prevent damage or loss of data. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends