Du to develop mobile apps for govt services
Dubai, August 4, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator du has launched its drive to develop mobile applications, to eable access to various government services via smartphones.
The operator aims to create a Mobile Applications Developers Community, drawn from young talent in the UAE’s universities and colleges who would contribute in developing the applications.
A working team has been created by du to support this initiative, which follows the recently announced Mobile Government (m-Government) visionary plan outlined by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Osman Sultan, CEO, said: “The significance of today’s announcement will be felt in the due course of time with the availability of user-friendly, customer-oriented mobile applications, which will be just a step away to access government services round the clock.”
“We also believe our efforts will encourage talented students in the UAE to unleash their creative potential and put their knowledge into practice for the benefit of the larger community,” Sultan added.
Du will approach leading universities and educational institutions in the UAE to nominate a group of their final-year students - Emirati and expatriate - with the required qualifications to participate in the application development initiative, said a statement.
It will extend maximum support to the participants by offering training, providing application development tools and professional mentoring by experts, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services