Cognizant to deliver IT solution for SEC
Riyadh, August 7, 2013
US-based Cognizant, an IT, consulting and business process outsourcing services provider, is set to develop a comprehensive billing and revenue management solution for the Saudi Electricity Company.
The solution, based on SAP Utilities enterprise software, will meet the functional, technical and operational requirements for SEC’s operations, said a statement.
It is also expected to enhance the agility, cost-effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s customer service operations, while providing a flexible technology foundation for it to improve services.
Cognizant will also leverage its consulting and programme management capabilities to enable SEC to address the transitional, communications, governance, and behavioural aspects of change management, said the statement.
"We appreciate the opportunity to support the long-term growth plans of SEC's customer service organisation," said Stephen Fernandes, assistant vice president and head of Middle East Operations at Cognizant.
"It is ever more important for utility companies to improve financial performance, enhance customer satisfaction, and transform service delivery. Customer care and billing provide high-impact opportunities to leverage new technologies and processes for boosting productivity, profitability, competitiveness, and customer loyalty," Fernandes added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit