Retail leadership to help Axiom MVNO
Riyadh, August 18, 2013
The Axiom Mobile Consortium’s MVNO strategy is set to benefit from its retail influence, loyal Arab customer base and industry-leading smartphone credentials.
The consortium was recently qualified by the Saudi Communication and Information Technology Commission (CITC) for an MVNO license, and is now engaged in the final phase of the process.
Key consortium player Axiom Telecom operates retail outlets across the Kingdom, in addition to presiding over 4,000 indirect sales channels (2,000 of which are dealt with through direct distribution).
A recent Axiom survey reported satisfaction levels of 85 per cent, where 90 per cent of all customers are Saudi nationals or Arab expats.
Its MVNO strategy will also benefit from a long-standing, acclaimed track record of understanding and coping with the kingdom’s insatiable smartphone demand.
Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, said: “Clearly, our retail and distribution operations and considerable experience of dealing with Saudi consumers’ mobility needs could give us a different dimension as an operator.”
“We know how the market works, we know the needs and desires of our target audience, and we understand the ever-shifting, ever-growing potential of smart devices in shaping every-day life throughout the kingdom,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum