Travelport opens new office in Iraq
Erbil, Iraq, August 21, 2013
Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, has opened a new office in Erbil, as part of its continued Middle East expansion.
The new commercial hub will serve the travel agent community in Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Dohuk regions, said a statement.
“The opening of the new office in Erbil reinforces Travelport’s commitment to Iraq and our passion for supporting travel agents in this important region and throughout the Middle East network,” said Rabih Saab, president and MD, Middle East and Africa.
In Iraq, Travelport is officially represented by Rawat Al Hajer Co. To mark the new office opening and to showcase Travelport’s offer in Iraq, the company organised a product road show in Erbil this month.
During the event, Travelport presented the full suite of its value-add solutions and products with emphasis on Travelport Smartpoint App – the point of sale solution, Travelport Merchandising Platform – the new airline distribution platform, and mobile and hospitality solutions. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions