Kanoo IT awarded for Quran centres project
Manama, August 27, 2013
Kanoo Information Technology (Kanoo IT), a Bahrain-based IT services company, has been recognised for developing the electronic management system of the Quran centres by the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs.
The system, under the theme ‘Ayat,’ is an integrated electronic system for managing the Quran centres and workshops.
It works on automating current work procedures and the provision of services electronically via the Internet, by simplifying the procedures and standards; in a safe environment assuring the privacy for the system user.
President of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Shaikh Abdullah bin Khalid Al Khalifa, alongside the Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Minister, Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa and Capital Governor, Shaikh Hisham bin Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Al Khalifa handed over the award to Kanoo IT during the 18th Bahrain Grand Holy Quran Recitation and Explanation Contest which took place at Ahmed Al Fateh Islamic Centre recently.
The Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs along with Kanoo IT has built a roadmap for “Ayat” and more enhancements are expected to come in the future to maximise the benefits of the system to its beneficiaries, said a statement.
Waleed Kanoo, general manager, said: “We are honoured to receive this award from the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs and to be part of this great project which will help serve the Holy Quran.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service