Nawras links Dalma Energy mobile rigs
Muscat, August 28, 2013
Nawras has signed an agreement with Oman-based international drilling contractor Dalma Energy, to link all the company’s land and mobile rigs in remote sites across the Sultanate to the corporate office in Muscat, using Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) solutions.
Dalma Energy owns and operates land rigs throughout the Mena region. The company uses the VSAT solution for better communications links to all sites with the majority using the technology since the end of 2012.
This service from Nawras will further enhance operations and allow for monitoring and coordination of activities at each site whileimproving efficiency, said a senior official.
Issa Al Kharusi, section head (Key Accounts) pointed out that Nawras was committed to supporting business in Oman and contributing to the prosperity and development of companies through pleasingly different communications solutions.
"VSAT uses satellites to provide connectivity in remote sites where terrestrial networks are not available, such as for oil or gas rigs in the middle of the desert,." he stated.
According to him, reliable connectivity was particularly important when operating in remote locations.
Nawras provides VSAT packages with variable speeds and pricing to suit different budgets and needs. The wide range of pleasingly different VSAT solutions are supported by excellent after sales and technical support as well as a dedicated account manager, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon