Du boosts cloud services portfolio
Dubai, September 2, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator du said it has launched three new managed security services suitable for business in partnership with Qualys, a pioneer in cloud security and compliance solutions.
The services include the QualysGuard cloud-based Vulnerability Management, Security Policy Compliance and Web Application Security Solutions.
This is in continuation of an announcement made in 2012, under which du and Qualys agreed to bring the QualysGuard platform closer to du customers, right into the heart of the du security cloud, said a senior official.
"Our agreement with Qualys is a great addition to our portfolio of managed security services. It will enable us to offer our managed services customers with comprehensive security and compliance solutions from an industry-leading provider that is committed, through its cloud platform to innovation and global reach," remarked Fahad Al Hassawi, the chief commercial officer of du.
"Our customers can now benefit from the performance, security and scalability of the QualysGuard Cloud Platform hosted at our datacenter in Dubai and managed by a dedicated SOC personnel on a 24/7 basis, to secure and protect their IT assets and web applications from cyber-attacks and automate compliance," he added.
The platform is based on a true cloud architecture, which is characterized by “rapid elasticity”, meaning the cloud can grow as quickly as an organization needs it to, stated Al Hassawi.
"Furthermore, all in-transit data are encrypted using standard 128-bit SSLv3, while each user’s stored data are encrypted uniquely, so that only the user who created the data can access it," he explained.
The platform resides behind network-based, redundant, highly-available firewalls and intrusion monitoring solutions. Each host runs a localized firewall on top of the customized, hardened operating system, which is unique to the platform.
“We are honored that du has chosen the QualysGuard Cloud Platform to deliver managed security services to its customers,” said Philippe Courtot, the chairman and CEO of Qualys.
“Du has built an impressive security team and we look forward to working with them to provide comprehensive and cost-effective IT security and compliance solutions in the UAE,“ he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion