New CEO for Asiacell
Sulaimanya, Iraq, September 5, 2013
Iraq’s Asiacell Communications has appointed Amer Al Sunna as its new chief executive officer.
Asiacell, which is listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) and recently completed the largest IPO in Middle East since 2008, has more than 10.5 million subscribers in Iraq and its network covers almost 97 per cent of country’s populated areas, said a statement.
Al Sunna brings with him 20 years of experience dedicated to the improvement of customer experience in telecommunications through a number of executive positions at various organizations.
Al Sunna, who has been the managing director of Asiacell Iraq since February 2013, has earlier worked with the Ooredoo family as chief executive officer of wi-tribe Jordan and as chief operating advisor of wi-tribe Philippines.
“Al Sunna will be a great asset to Asiacell and we are confident he will hit the ground running,” said Faruk Mustafa Rasool, Asiacell chairman. “We are positive that his vast experience, knowledge and understanding of the issues important to our business and telecom industry will help continue the success of our operation and ensure our success well into the future”.
Outgoing CEO Dr Diar Ahmed, who has served in the position for almost six years, will remain as the chief advisor to the chairman, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services