Wipro launches aviation IT products
Bangalore, September 11, 2013
Wipro, a leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company, has launched a range of IT products for the aviation industry in partnership with Qatar Airways.
The aviation IT product portfolio comprises two categories of solutions - enterprise and mobility solutions.
Enterprise solutions include products for crew management, route profitability analysis, loyalty management, in-flight catering, aircraft maintenance planning and crisis management, while mobility solutions include products for pilots, cabin crew and flight dispatchers.
The portfolio aims to address critical airline business functions, which have a direct bearing on service quality, operational efficiency and strategic decision making.
The products provide competitive advantage to an airline through comprehensive functional features complimented by open technology platforms.
“These solutions have played a key role in enhancing customer service and operational efficiency of Qatar Airways,” said Akbar Al Baker, the airline’s CEO.
“Now these already proven solutions can be brought to market and deployed in a variety of means such as licensing or Software as a Service,” he added.
Anand Sankaran, senior vice president and business head, Global Infrastructure Services at Wipro, said: “We are developing new IPs with Qatar Airways which will augment our available suite of solutions. We believe that this portfolio of products will transform the airline industry and help them do business better.”
Srini Pallia, senior vice president and Global Head RCTG, Wipro, said: “The product suite that Wipro and Qatar Airways have jointly developed is targeted to play a key role in driving greater operational efficiency, enhanced customer service and faster decision-making.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya