Gemalto launches solution for cloud services
Dubai, September 14, 2013
Gemalto, a global leader in digital security, has announced the launch of a strong authentication solution, Protiva Cloud Confirm, for frictionless and secure access to cloud-based services.
The user-friendly and easily deployable software as a service (SaaS) solution enables strong multi-factor authentication designed to be deployed by cloud service providers (CSP).
Enhancing the security and convenience of overall cloud computing for corporate customers, the packaged solution also includes a mobile one-time password application and security token, as well as a hitech, multi-tenant authentication server for the highest level of data protection.
Protiva Cloud Confirm ensures the trust that brings peace of mind to users, which is essential for mainstream adoption of cloud services and the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) movement.
The hosted services ecosystem is constantly evolving, and Gemalto’s solution offers form factor versatility for identity authentication in addition to a detailed reporting platform for CSPs to monitor user activity and account creation.
This complete end-to-end solution enables self-service end user activations, significantly reducing the need for helpdesk calls related to password resets. For CSPs, this value added service can often represent a substantial overall reduction in costs.
Gemalto has been recognized as a leader in multi-factor user authentication by Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and Protiva Cloud Confirm won the prestigious 2012 Cloud Award for Security Innovation.
This level of excellence in security provides CSPs and their users with a trusted and proven solution for secure access to valuable cloud stored data, said a top official.
“The innovative, and award winning Protiva Cloud Confirm is a scalable, cloud ready solution that can be tailored to meet the user access demands of a CSP while facilitating implementation into any existing or future infrastructure,” remarked Mohammad Ismail, the Middle East manager for Identity and Access division at Gemalto.
“Our solution provides CSPs with an added security value proposition that will attract new clients and maintain the loyalty of current ones through trust,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite