SAP unveils iOS 7-supported solutions
Dubai, September 15, 2013
SAP, a leading enterprise application software provider, has launched a suite of mobile solutions that will support Apple’s iOS 7 features.
The company validated iOS 7 for apps running on its Mobile Platform both on premise and in the cloud, and will further enhance support with upcoming releases of the software development kit (SDK). There are currently over 60 SAP apps on the iOS platform, according to a senior executive.
Sam Alkharrat, SAP Mena’s managing director, said: “Apple has made it easier for the enterprise to adopt its devices with the release of iOS 7, which is considered by many as the biggest upgrade since its debut, and bodes especially well for enterprise developers and IT managers.”
“The changes Apple is implementing in iOS 7 directly align with our goal of enhancing, securing and simplifying the end-user experience. This will markedly enhance SAP’s ability to help customers in both the public and private sector build mobile apps and securely use iOS devices in mission-critical business environments,” he said.
New features include the simplified enrollment process, per app VPN for secure communications, “Open In” attachment management to control sensitive documents and email, Single Sign On for enterprise applications and VPP enhancements to improve licensing of enterprise applications, added Alkharrat. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo