VIVA Bahrain welcomes spectrum allocation
Manama, September 23, 2013
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has allocated spectrum to VIVA Bahrain enabling it to deploy 4G/LTE services on its high-speed network across the kingdom.
The spectrum allocation was implemented by an award process by the TRA in accordance with Bahrain's Telecommunications Law.
"We are delighted with the positive outcome and are thankful to the TRA for the fairness and swiftness of the award process, held under the supervision of TRA chairman Dr Mohammed A Al Amer," said VIVA chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid.
"This is a step forward for Bahrain that will lead to the provisioning of faster and more widespread mobile broadband, and will provide substantial benefits for consumers and businesses across the country," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project