Batelco upgrades 4G LTE speed to 150Mbps
Manama, September 26, 2013
Batelco, a leading mobile services provider in Bahrain, has announced the enhancement of its 4G LTE network speed from up to 100 Mbps to up to 150 Mbps.
Batelco was the first telecom provider to launch 4G LTE network in the country, which started operation in early 2013 with up to 100 Mbps download speed, a company statement said.
“We have always committed ourselves to provide our customers with state of the art technologies and innovative services. Our 4G LTE network enhancement is a part of a series of rollouts that has been deployed as a result of our ongoing commitment and investment in the Kingdom’s infrastructure,” said Batelco general manager Consumer Division Muna Al Hashemi.
“We understand the needs and requirements of our customers in all sectors. Based on this knowledge, we offer variety of packages and solutions to ensure delivery of an exceptional experience,” added Al Hashemi.
4G LTE Mobile Broadband is available to all our postpaid and prepaid mobile customers who can now enjoy a maximum of 150Mbps download speed over any compatible device, which will ensure instant access without waiting, streaming without buffering and an enhanced online gaming experience, in addition to super fast download and also upload speeds, the statement said.
The new speed will be available to all new customers while Batelco’s existing 4G/LTE customers will be upgraded automatically, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution