ICT Fund to unveil projects at Gitex
Dubai, October 1, 2013
ICT Fund, an initiative by UAE’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), is set to reveal a range of projects that support ICT research and development in the country.
The fund, which supports the national ICT sector through financing innovative projects in the UAE, will announce the details during its participation in the Gitex Technology Week starting in Dubai on October 20.
The target goals of the fund are to develop the ICT industry, foster R&D, encourage capacity building and enhance education and training in the field of ICT, said a statement.
In addition, the ICT Fund will share updates on new projects it is supporting within the Arabic digital content initiative, with a dedicated Dh25 million ($6.8 million).
The entity will also share updates on its 2014 Betha student scholarship programme, an initiative to enhance the stature and role of the national education sector through supporting and sponsoring scientifically distinguished students to boost the education process in the UAE in all scientific majors that are based on the UAE needs.
Omar Mohammed Al Mahmoud, acting CEO, said: “We look at Gitex Technology Week to being more than just an exhibition; it's a platform for creativity and innovation in technology. This year we will announce a range of projects that support our research and development pillar along with initiatives that support the growth of Arabic digital content and the latest updates on the Betha scholarship programme.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch