Bahrain TRA 'developing pricing model'
Manama, October 8, 2013
Bahrain's Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) is developing its own costing and pricing model for telecom services, revealed TRA senior analyst Thomas Hain during a seminar.
Senior TRA officials including general director Mohamed Bubshait, as well as specialists from Batelco, Zain, Viva, Etisalcom, Kalaam, United Links, Elephant Talk, nue-tel, and the Bahrain Internet Exchange took part in the seminar that focused on Long Run Incremental Cost (LRIC).
British consultancy BWCS' telecom expert Peter Cartwright said bottom-up LRIC models are used to establish efficient costs in telecoms price regulation.
"The global economy is transitioning into a knowledge economy as an extension of the information society," Inception Consultancy managing director Ahmed Al Sari said.
"Telecommunications is a means to access information and it is important for all stakeholders to be a part of the discussion."
The seminar, organised by Inception Consultancy, was held over two days at the Movenpick Hotel.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends