Trend Micro to launch new threat report at Gitex
Dubai, October 13, 2013
Trend Micro, a global virtualization and cloud security leader, will release its finding on the greatest IT security threat to business in the Mena region at the upcoming Gitex Technology Week in Dubai.
The company will also demonstrate its wide range of security solutions for global and regional business at the exhibition, said a statement.
Advanced threat detection, real-time intelligence, adaptive protection, and rapid response needed to combat targeted network attacks and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) will also be demonstrated, it said.
“In this region, business and social interaction over the Web is growing exponentially. Unfortunately, criminal activity is big business and growing at a faster rate, with new Malware being released every few seconds. The threat landscape has gravely changed, and Trend Micro is fortunately uniquely positioned to respond to that threat,” commented Ihab Moawad, vice president, Trend Micro, Mediterranean, Middle East & Africa.
Visitors to the event will also hear how Trend Micro’s innovative ‘Smart Protection Network,’ a client-cloud solution identifies and responds to the next-generation web threats that are here today.
Another focus area for Trend will be Deep Discovery - this specialised network security uniquely detects and identifies evasive threats in real-time, then provides the in-depth analysis and actionable intelligence organisation needed to protect them. Deep Discovery is at the core of the Trend Micro Custom Defense solution, a complete network security strategy to detect, analyze, adapt, and respond to attackers, said the statement.
Also, as more and more consumers invest in smartphones, tablets, and other web-enabled mobile devices, enterprises of all sizes are being confronted and challenged by employees
who want to use these same devices for full access to their professional lives, in addition to their personal ones. This trend, the “consumerisation” of enterprise mobility, represents a
formidable challenge as well as a great opportunity for organizations. Visitors can learn how to harness the power inherent in consumerisation and exploit its obvious benefit while trying to manage its potential hazards, it said.
Gitex takes place at the Dubai International Conference and Exhibition Centre (DICEC) from October 20 to 24. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya