Du’s smart technologies for 'a happier world'
Dubai, October 20, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator du is showcasing how smart technologies make life easier, quicker, more convenient and reliable at Gitex 2013, which began today (October 20).
It is showcasing the best of current technologies. Visitors can experience du’s smart technologies and future vision for government, health, education, living, office, shopping and travel.
In September this year, UAE was selected as the 14th happiest nation in the world and the first among Arab countries in the second UN World Happiness Report.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said: “Our goal is to achieve the happiness of our people, and their satisfaction is the gauge of our success.”
CEO Osman Sultan said: “Inspired by the vision of Sheikh Mohammed for a happier UAE, for us, happiness of our individual and business customers is the next big smart idea. We want to show not only how technology enriches our lives today, but also demonstrate how smart technology can bring happiness to our world – and how it will be the cornerstone for a brighter, prosperous tomorrow.”
Du’s stand at Gitex offers a plethora of services for every visitor. It includes innovative mobile service, smart health, retail and wellness-related initiatives to new mobile technologies for individuals and businesses.
Visitors representing large businesses and SMEs can expect creative execution of a range of du’s current and futuristic solutions and services in an interactive and engaging manner. Many innovative business services and ICT solutions will also be demonstrated for the very first time. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit