Etisalat in mobile device management deal
Dubai, October 22, 2013
Etisalat has partnered with AirWatch, the largest enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, to offer a comprehensive secure mobile device management platform for businesses to manage and secure their most sensitive content, applications and email across all mobile platforms.
The new tie-up will enable Etisalat to provide Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions and mobile device management solutions for the first time as part of its mobility offerings, thereby becoming an integrated service provider, said a senior official on the sidelines of the Gitex show.
For customers, the solutions will spell flexibility and convenience as they can now create and safeguard their business environment across all devices, models and operating systems.
“There is a significant market opportunity for BYOD solutions as corporate information security movestowards mobile devices that are non-compliant with security policies, thereby making security management a key challenge,” remarked Abdulla Hashim, the senior VP (ICT section), Etisalat UAE.
"Etisalat aims to showcase its ability to serve as a one stop shop for ICT solutions through demonstration of futuristic technologies during GitexTechnology Week. Its focus this year is on showcasing its solutions on workforce mobility, employee productivity, network efficiency, reducing cost and complexity," he stated.
The BYOD Solution from Etisalat, powered by AirWatch, will enable IT administrators to manage large-scale deployments of mobile devices of different operating systems.
Customers will be able to quickly enroll devices in the enterprise environment, configure and update device settings over-the-air, enforce security policies and compliance, secure mobile access to corporate resources, and remotely lock and wipe managed devices, explained Hashim.
Some of the key features include an ability to manage all devices in one console, create organization groups or import the existing directory structure through directory services integration, track compliance in real time, enroll devices in bulk and set up enrollment restrictions for users and devices among others, he added.
Hashim pointed out that the tie-up with AirWatch will enable best-in-class service for enterprise customers by enriching its mobility offerings:from mobile device managementand security to developing applications.
The tie-up is in line with Etisalat’s plan of creating a larger partner eco-system of value-added solutions through partnerships to help drive down costs. We will also continue our investment in the latest technologies to enable our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve,” he added.
Ian Evans, the managing director for AirWatch Europe MEA. said: “We are proud to partner with the region’s largest telecommunications operator and to bring our comprehensive EMM services to Etisalat’s enterprise customers in the Middle East."
"Our device and platform-agnostic EMM solutions will provide Etisalat’s business clients the flexibility to remotely access corporate information with end-to-end security extending to users, devices, applications, content, data, email and networks," added Evans.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Etisalat |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit