Jobs Abu Dhabi launches new mobile apps
Abu Dhabi, October 22, 2013
Jobs Abu Dhabi portal (JAD), the leading job search engine in the emirate, has launched a new mobile app for job seekers and employers in the UAE.
The launch was held on the sidelines of a visit by Crown Prince of Fujairah, Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi into Abu Dhabi e-Government's stands at Gitex 2013 expo.
The portal developed by Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Centre (ADSIC) in 2008, can be used by jobseekers around the world to connect with employers from the emirate’s government and private sectors.
Designed to facilitate access to jobs anytime anywhere, the new mobile app offers job seekers the chance to view opportunities, alter resumes to match job requirements and apply for the position directly from the app.
Jobs Abu Dhabi portal has over 400,000 registered local, regional and global candidates with more than 870 entities from the emirate’s government and private organisations, including the office of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
As part of the Abu Dhabi e-Government showcase at Gitex 2013, government entities that also presented advanced e-services and initiatives include Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD), Health Authority – Abu Dhabi (HAAD) and Statistics Centre – Abu Dhabi (SCAD).
In a lively demonstration, EAD demonstrated its geo-portalhttp://enviroportal.ead.ae.It is a virtual gateway to EAD’s entire catalogue of geospatial information, finished maps and the most up-to date environmental data, allowing users to explore geographic data and building maps in one click.
Also present at the Abu Dhabi e-Government stand is Health Authority – Abu Dhabi, displaying its latest mobile and e-services including the HAAD mobile application that allows people to search for a doctor, pharmacy or medical facility Emirate wide.
It is also an effective tool for HR personnel in government entities to assess the authenticity of employee sick leave certificates through employee ID verification. Through HAAD’s mobile app, users can also determine whether they have a healthy weight to height ratio.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m