Bahrain EDB celebrates Gitex success
Manama, October 25, 2013
The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) has reported great success at the Gitex 2013 in Dubai with many international corporates expressing interest in establishing offices in the kingdom.
The EDB said through its participation in the event, it carried out multiple activities promoting the kingdom's national economy and its investment environment.
These activities were jointly executed by EDB, eGovernment Authority, Tamkeen and Bahrain Development Bank officials.
The kingdom's pavilion at the exhibition attracted the attention of many participating international business representatives, a statement said.
Promotional activities included presentations by EDB officials on the many positive characteristics of the Bahraini business environment such as its openness, advancement, high electronic readiness, as well as its competitive economic environment, .
The presentations were held in many official participating country suites, including the pavilions of Malaysia, France and Belgium.
In addition to the EDB's promotional activities, the delegation met several pioneering Indian, Singaporean, British, German and Korean companies operating in the information and communications technology (ICT) industry.
These meetings aimed at introducing international companies to the kingdom's investment opportunities.
It also highlighted the ways in which companies can make the most of Bahrain's economic freedom in order to establish their businesses, which will in turn create more employment opportunities for Bahraini citizens.
Many factors have allowed for the ICT industry in Bahrain to grow and advance, including the country's highly specialised workforce, its central location, which connects the $1.5 trillion GCC market to India, the Far East and the West, as well as economic openness.
This has resulted in Bahrain being ranked second in the region in terms of ICT as a result of transferring international and local calls into digital technology, along with other technological services.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution