Etisalat briefs Expo 2020 delegation at Gitex
Dubai, October 27, 2013
A delegation from the Expo 2020 team visited UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat at the Gitex Technology Week, to gain insight into its focus on ‘Smarter Solutions’ and ‘Smarter Technology.’
CEO Saleh Al Abdooli met and briefed the team on Etisalat’s support for the global event and its focus on enabling UAE for the Smart Age of Smart Cities. The team toured the operator’s stand to get a preview into all their futuristic smart solutions.
The latest near field communications (NFC) solutions were showcased which enables payment of grocery bills, at restaurants and for local transportation. The team also viewed demonstrations of payments made by smart handsets and smart watches.
The new Etisalat ‘Flous’ application was also on display which allows consumers to make purchases from outlets and online channels, besides the display of augmented reality technology solutions.
Among the other smart solutions showcased were ‘Smart Education,’ which is a cloud web portal service for K-12 schools designed to provide comprehensive features and functionalities required for school operations as part of Etisalat managed and cloud service portfolio.
Smarter Healthcare solutions displayed the ‘Etisalat eHospital’ which brings together all health ICT services into a complete digital care ecosystem.
The operator works with the healthcare provider to design, set-up and manage a custom solution linking employees to the information systems and support structures they need.
The mGovernment Appstore as part of Etisalat’s ‘Smart Government’ highlighted its unified application development platform and Appstore solutions ensuring government apps are distributed directly to selected employees or groups independently from third-party providers.
Smarter Energy solutions were also in focus where Etisalat helps municipalities and governments across the globe effectively manage energy demand. It included the ‘Application Trust Center’ proposition designed to provide high-level system administrators targeted at the financial industry.
The delegation comprised representatives from the 167 member nations of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE), the body governing the expo. They are visiting Dubai to see a presentation on the city’s theme for its bid and are participating in various conferences.
Saleh Al Abdooli, CEO, Etisalat, said: “The strategic vision of our leaders and the country’s dramatic growth in all sectors has placed the country on a global map. Dubai is well placed to bid and host Expo 2020 due to its long term planning and investment in the infrastructure, preparing the country for competitiveness in global markets.
“Etisalat is a premier partner for Expo 2020 and with our investments of more than AED 19 billion in building the infrastructure we have enabled the UAE telecom market for the Smart Age of Smart Cities. Our infrastructure will support all the growing requirements of such a global event and its participants.”
The key pillars for Etisalat ‘Smart Solutions’ are mobility, healthcare, hospitality, education, communication, security, energy, government, finance, computing, transport and business mobile. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services