Info2cell.com forays into Bangladeshi market
Dubai, October 28, 2013
Info2cell.com, a leading mobile services application provider, has signed strategic deals with Bangladesh-based operators in a move to foray into the country and offer its range of Business-to-Consumer (B2C) services.
A recent industry report from GSMA Intelligence, a leading source of mobile operator data, analysis and forecasts, terms Bangladesh as an untapped mobile broadband opportunity. Aiming to become a major part of this growth, Info2cell.com is looking to leverage its diverse portfolio of products and services across the country’s mobile subscriber base of over 100 million subscribers.
The company’s keenness to tap Bangladesh’s mobile market is also driven by factors such as the robust smartphone penetration rate in the country and the impressive size of its value added services (VAS) segment.
According to Info2cell.com, the decision to enter Bangladesh’s mobile market is both timely and strategic as Bangladeshi mobile users have now demonstrated an increased demand for voice communication and data services.
Moreover, the GSMA Intelligence report has ranked Bangladesh as the ninth-largest market worldwide in terms of mobile subscribers for the first quarter of 2013. The country's mobile penetration rate stands at 40 per cent and reflects tremendous room for growth in the next few years.
Bashar Dahabra, founder and CEO, Info2cell.com, said, “These are very exciting times for the Bangladeshi mobile market, which is forecasted to enjoy double-digit growth before the end of the year. In line with this, we are targeting to establish our presence in the country and offer our wide range of innovative services.”
“Also, our ability to introduce new services according to the demands of our target audience makes us a perfect mobile services application provider for the country’s more than 100 million subscribers.
“Tapping into the Bangladesh mobile market also complements our current global expansion plan and underlines Info2cell.com’s position as a leading provider of world-class apps, solutions and services,” he added.
Founded in 1998, Info2cell.com is the first provider of value-added mobile phone services in the Middle East. The company has access to over 40 GSM operators and more than 100 million mobile subscribers across the Mena region. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre