Mobily to distribute $246m Q3 dividends
Jeddah, October 30, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said its board has approved the distribution of dividends worth SR924 million ($246 million) to the shareholders for the third quarter.
An affiliate of the UAE telco Etisalat, Mobily had yesterday reported a forecast-beating net profit for the third quarter which rose 11.7 per cent as revenue from corporate and wholesale customers grew.
Saudi's No 2 telecom company made a third-quarter net profit of SR1.69 billion, up from 1.51 billion riyals in the prior-year period.
The proposed dividend, which represents 12 per cent of the face value, will be distributed on November 12, remarked its chairman Abdulaziz Saleh AlSaghyir.
Only those shareholders who have their names in the Securities Depository Center (Tadawul) registry by November 4 will be eligible for the dividends which is equal to SR1.20 per share, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc
- Vodafone hit with $343m lawsuit in Greece
- Google removes privacy feature from mobile software
- Etisalat asks banks to wait for loan fees
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions