Faisal Qamhiyah and Sameer Altaf
Batelco appoints key financial executives
Manama, November 5, 2013
Batelco Group, a leading telecom Group with operations across 14 countries, has announced the appointment of new chief financial officers for Batelco Group and Batelco Bahrain.
Taking over the role of Group CFO is Faisal Qamhiyah, who has held the position as chief financial officer for Batelco Bahrain operations since January 2013.
Prior to joining the Batelco Bahrain team, Qamhiyah held the position of CFO of Batelco’s Jordan subsidiary, Umniah. He brings to the table a wealth of knowledge with unique mixes of commercial and financial hands-on proven experience coupled with passion toward the telecom industry.
Qamhiyah holds a BA in Economics & Accounting from Yarmouk University Jordan, USA and a CPA from Delaware USA. He also completed the Executive Development Programme (EDP) at Kellogg School of Management, Chicago and various executive leadership programmes at prestigious institutes including the Harvard Business School and London Business School.
At Batelco Bahrain, Sameer Altaf, has been appointed to the position of chief financial officer. Altaf joined Batelco in 2008 to lead the financial control function for Batelco Group and Bahrain, and has held a number of key roles within the financial division including most recently, the post of Group financial controller.
Altaf has held senior financial and risk management roles in Orascom Telecom and Kinnevik AB with a focus on telecoms, media and technology. He is a qualified chartered accountant having trained with PricewaterhouseCoopers and additionally, he has completed several Leadership and Management courses from institutions such as Harvard and MIT.
Batelco chairman Shaikh Hamad bin Abdulla Al Khalifa said: “Both gentlemen have proven records of achievement having served in key senior financial roles within the Batelco Group for some time. We are confident that they have the necessary credentials to meet the stringent criteria required for their respective roles.”
Meanwhile, the executive search for a new Group CEO is ongoing with the process well underway and proceeding according to plan, he added.
The Supervisory Committee of the Board of Directors, consisting of deputy chairman Murad Ali Murad, Executive Committee chairman Abdul Razak Al Qassim and director Waleed Ahmed AlKhaja, continues to assume the role of the Group chief executive officer on a temporary basis until such time as the new CEO is appointed. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m