Optimus inks distribution deal with McAfee
Dubai, November 10, 2013
Optimus Technology and Telecommunications, a leading regional value added distributor (VAD) of IT and telecommunications products, has signed a distribution agreement with McAfee.
The partnership will see Optimus promote and distribute McAfee’ s complete business product range through its channel network across Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria.
McAfee is one of the global leaders for Information Security and brings a strong portfolio of enterprise security solutions to help fulfill a customer’s security requirements thus making this partnership very important for Optimus.
As part of the agreement, Optimus will distribute and also conduct channel development activities, marketing activities and establish McAfee’s value channel network in the Mena region along with positioning McAfee as a solution of choice to complement a customer’s IT requirements.
“Our focus is to further strengthen the market reach for our global vendors whose products complement our existing product portfolio and thus ensuring that our partners have right to use the latest solutions with their end customers,” said Meera Kaul, managing director of Optimus Technology & Telecommunications.
“The McAfee product offering is a value add to our best of the breed technology offering within the Mena market and complements our existing offerings within this space. The addition of this brand to our product portfolio enhances our overall offering enabling Optimus to provide a comprehensive & complete solution to our partners & customers.
“It also continues our commitment started over the last few years to be one of the leading value added distributors addressing key customer technologies such as security,” she added.
Hamed Diab, Mena regional director of McAfee, said: "The Optimus partnership fits very well with McAfee as there is a huge demand for security solutions in the Mena market and our spotlight is to make security easy and usable. The value Optimus brings to the table is its immense market knowledge and its well built expertise in value added distribution, thus making them a partner was an ideal choice.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution