Brocade launches new network switch
Dubai, November 24, 2013
Brocade has launched the ICX 7750 Switch, the first purpose-built network switch for scale-out campus aggregation which delivers the simplification and automation provided by the HyperEdge Architecture.
The Brocade ICX 7750 is the first high-density 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) fixed-port solution purposely designed to enable scale-out solutions for campus aggregation.
The switch enables the scale-out of campus aggregation networks, helping organizations seamlessly add network capacity in an agile, cost-efficient manner, said a statement from the company.
As organizations such as research, education and government agencies feel the impact of mobile and social trends on their IT infrastructure, many are in need of a refresh for their IT networks.
The primary reason for a refresh is that traditional networks are not suited for the delivery of large quantities of data, the proliferation of mobile devices and the additional layers of security required today, it added.
Anthony Robbins, the VP (Federal) Brocade said this addition to the Brocade ICX switch family is just what many organizations in the private and public sectors are looking for.
"With this new switch Brocade is providing density to help make scale-out effortless, utilizing our robust stacking implementation. Customers want to be able to deploy network resources where they need it. With the Brocade ICX 7750, they can," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Brocade |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution