PCCW Global wins Ethernet service award
Hong Kong, November 28, 2013
PCCW Global, an international operating division of HKT, a Hong Kong-based telecom operator, won the Best Wholesale Ethernet Service recently.
It was honoured for its wholesale offering and global coverage at the Metro Ethernet Forum’s (MEF) Global Carrier Ethernet Service Provider Awards 2013, said a statement.
The MEF’s annual awards recognise excellence and leadership in the development, marketing and delivery of carrier Ethernet business and wholesale services.
The judging panel comprised senior analysts from independent research firms including IDC, Infonetics, Vertical Systems, Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, and Ovum.
Nan Chen, president of the MEF, congratulated PCCW Global on its outstanding contribution to the industry and recognised commitment to delivering innovative carrier ethernet solutions to customers throughout the world.
PCCW Global was also a finalist in the global categories for Best Carrier Ethernet Business Application, Best Marketing and Service Provider of the Year.
Ethernet is experiencing massive market growth globally and is rapidly becoming a cost-effective, scalable technology of choice for enterprises looking to extend their LAN internationally. It allows users to make cost savings by taking advantage of low cost and standardised premise equipment.
Jordick Wong, PCCW Global’s senior vice president of Product and Vendor Management, said: “We have focused on developing our carrier Ethernet offering because the number of sites demanding flexible high-speed data services is growing and it is a cost-efficient way to deliver connectivity for both carriers and their customers.”
PCCW Global’s Ethernet services are transported over a SDH and MPLS-enabled network infrastructure and connect geographically diverse Ethernet domains on all six continents.
HKT's domestic carrier Ethernet service in Hong Kong is MEF CE1.0 (MEF 9) certified and the PCCW Global worldwide carrier Ethernet network service is undergoing MEF CE2.0 certification, which is scheduled to be completed in December.
PCCW Global has an ongoing programme to assure certification by MEF sanctioned training structures which has already certified planning and network engineers, operations specialists, and pre-sales solutions engineers. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya