Microsoft appoints new Kuwait GM
Kuwait, December 1, 2013
Microsoft has appointed Charles Nahas as the general manager for its Kuwait operations.
Nahas will enable and support Microsoft’s ongoing partnership with the Kuwait government, its customers and partners, said a company statement.
He will drive Microsoft’s strategy of devices and services by working with the Kuwait team, supported by regional and corporate resources, to develop the company’s business while enabling Kuwait’s ICT development as a key socio-economical pillar, it stated.
Nahas will continue to focus on enabling ICT development in Kuwait and supporting the infrastructure for IT modernisation, while also building the capacity and capability of its partners.
He was previously the business group director for Microsoft’s Office division in Middle East and Africa and earlier general manager, Eastern Mediterranean and Pakistan.
Samer Abu-Ltaif, gulf regional general manager, said: “Charles appointment signals our strong commitment to the Kuwait market and to our valued customers and partners where he will closely work with key stakeholders in the country.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum