Etisalat launches new roaming wifi scheme
Dubai, December 26, 2013
UAE’s leading telecom operator Etisalat, in partnership with iPass has launched its first eWifi offer, aimed at providing unlimited wifi data roaming access to prepaid and postpaid customers travelling abroad.
Through the partnership with the leading wifi hotspot aggregator company with a network of 1.4 million access points across 130 countries, Etisalat will offer customers high-speed connectivity at different places, including hotels, conference venues and airports, said the operator in a statement.
The subscribers of Etisalat’s roaming packages can avail the weekly or monthly access pass, which will enable them to enjoy high-speed internet by subscribing to unlimited wifi, it stated.
Customers currently enjoy 1GB allowance with the weekly data roaming package and 1GB data and 1000 incoming voice minutes with the monthly roaming package, said the statement.
Khaled El Khouly, chief marketing officer, said: “Customers can get unlimited access to Wi-Fi at high speed on top of current weekly/monthly roaming benefits. With the e-Wifi offer, customers get added value by remaining continuously connected.”
According to him, the unlimited and fast wifi Internet access across iPass network hotspots is available at competitive prices for use on wifi devices including all laptops and iOS and Android devices.
To start using the service, customers need to download and install Etisalat e-Wifi application from the Etisalat website or selected app stores like iTunes or Google Play, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit