Viva Bahrain launches billing service on eGA
Manama, January 18, 2014
VIVA Bahrain, a key telecom services operator in the kingdom, has launched its online postpaid billing services through the eGovernment Authority's (eGA) national portal.
The service will enable customers to obtain details of their bill payment, recharge their lines, or receive a copy of paid balance via email.
The move comes as part of VIVA Bahrain's desire to increase the available payment channels and promote postpaid billing services, including mobile phones, broadband and the Internet, said the company in a statement.
The core focus is on empowering the private sector to offer improved eServices according to the latest practices and continuous technical support round the clock, thereby contributing to provide high-quality services for VIVA customers.
"We are keen on providing a wide spectrum of new solutions and options for ePayment and safe eServices on the national portal, through our website (www.viva.com.bh) or the distributed eKiosks," remarked VIVA Bahrain chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid.
"Privacy and data protection provided by the national portal enhances security and provides an added value for eServices that enable our customers to carry out their transactions with much ease and convenience," he added.
eGA chief executive Mohammed Al Qaed said the authority was working on enhancing and strengthening partnership with the private sector.
"The idea is to ensure better services are delivered and are in line with key objectives of the National eGovernment Strategy 2016," stated Al Qaed.
"The strategy has given proper consideration to the delivery of high-quality, comprehensive and effective services, along with creating increased partnerships with the private sector," said the official.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement