Globalstar launches prepaid satellite phone service
Dublin, Ireland, January 22, 2014
Globalstar Europe Satellite Services, a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services, has launched its new pre-paid service in the Mena region and Europe.
The services comes without a contract, allowing for seasonal and occasional users like fishermen, emergency workers, leisure boat owners, and oil and gas workers to use it year round, said a statement.
The prepaid accounts can be topped up with 10 different card denominations, five personal and five shared prepaid cards. The shared prepaid service turns every Globalstar handset into a satellite ‘pay phone,’ said a statement.
It features patented Qualcomm-based CDMA technology.
Jay Monroe, president and CEO, said: “With the launch of our prepaid service, especially shared prepaid, we are introducing entirely new groups of users to satellite telephony.”
The cards are offered in denominations of 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1,000 minutes.
The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) platform, which supports customers in topping-up, checking account balances and checking their voicemail is available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese and Arabic. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services