ICT industry challenges in focus at summit
Dubai, 17 days ago
The challenges facing the ICT industry amid the emergence of cloud services, big data, mobile computing and social networking is the focus of discussion at a leading summit in Dubai.
The International Datat Corporation (IDC) Middle East CIO Summit 2014, has brought together chief information officers and industry leaders in the region for the two-day summit which began today (February 24) at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The conference, under the theme ‘Being a CIO in the New Business World of Tech+Transformation,’ has provided a platform for Software AG, a leader in business processes, integration and big data, to share its strategic insights and analysis with technology leaders through group discussions.
CIOs in attendance will provide their expertise and also witness the formal launching of the CIO Council at the event, said a statement.
Bashar Yaish, vice president for the Gulf region, said: “The continuous and rapid transformation of the global ICT industry has resulted in numerous challenges and concerns for the business and technology sectors. The summit is the best venue to discuss these pressing issues as we meet and interact with more than 30 international and regional industry heads.
“We will have a chance to tackle the next phase of IT evolution and how this phenomenon can help us achieve our key business objectives. The knowledge and experience that we will learn from this convention will help us further enhance our expertise.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services