Bahrain to reopen Iraq embassy
Manama, March 26, 2008
Bahrain has decided to reopen its embassy in Baghdad and appoint a new ambassador, it was announced.
His Majesty King Hamad gave his instructions as a token of support for Iraq, Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa said on Tuesday.
US President George W Bush praised the move saying it 'indicates a willingness to lead, as well as a willingness to send a signal that when a young democracy like Iraq is beginning to make progress, it is important for the neighbourhood to recognise that progress.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team