UAE gets first woman judge
Abu Dhabi, March 27, 2008
United Arab Emirates yesterday (March 26) got its first woman judge, a job previously reserved for men only.
UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahayan named Kholoud Ahmad Jouan Al Dhaheri as a judge.
The move made the UAE the second country in the Gulf after Bahrain to name a female judge.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team