Interpol arrest warrant for ADCB chief
Dubai, May 22, 2008
Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for the chief executive officer of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), the emirate's third biggest bank by market value, according to Interpol's website on Thursday.
Eirvin Knox, 59, is wanted for 'crimes against life and health,' the warrant said for the US citizen. The arrest warrant was issued in the Philippines.
Knox did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment
and officials at the bank could not comment.
Meanwhile, the ADCB has clarified that the Interpol arrest warrant issued for its chief executive was related to his divorce and not to the bank's activities.
It said in a statement that courts in the United Arab Emirates had ruled in favour of Eirvin Knox, a US national, and that it supported him.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’