Interpol arrest warrant for ADCB chief
Dubai, May 22, 2008
Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for the chief executive officer of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), the emirate's third biggest bank by market value, according to Interpol's website on Thursday.
Eirvin Knox, 59, is wanted for 'crimes against life and health,' the warrant said for the US citizen. The arrest warrant was issued in the Philippines.
Knox did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment
and officials at the bank could not comment.
Meanwhile, the ADCB has clarified that the Interpol arrest warrant issued for its chief executive was related to his divorce and not to the bank's activities.
It said in a statement that courts in the United Arab Emirates had ruled in favour of Eirvin Knox, a US national, and that it supported him.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations